Drop down menu and Volume

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My hard drive recently went out on me and I had to get a new one. Once I got my computer running again the drop down menu bar that appears when you click near it and disappears when you click away from it is not to be found on my computer anymore. I really like this feature and was wondering if anyone knows how I can get it back.

Also for some reason my volume and brightness bars no longer work as well. Does anyone know how to get these back?

Thanks,
Stoves

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It is not a feature of Windows. Is your computer a Dell? If so, then you are needing a little utility from Dell called delldock. There may be other third party progs which will do the trick though.
Fwiw. Your link is to a very old page, which features items way back in the beta stages. It also states that the floating bar may be a fake.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you can't find a version from your current laptop manufacturer then I recommend 3RVX. This is the onscreen app I use for volume control myself. It offers the drag option under the speaker icon and it can be set for several onscreen volume indicators including some I made that offer bars across the bottom of the screen in blue, green or purple.

Note: 3RVX does NOT include an option for brightness so if you need that feature you will need to get software from the manufacturer.

3RVX is listed in our Freeware Database under Mouse & Hotkey enhancements.

Ask a Question