Drivers won't load. please help!

Reaction score
Hi,
First time to post on this forum I hope someone can help me.
I have two programs I have just loaded onto my new computer with windows 7. They are GTWIN and FPWIN for programming panasonic plc's and touch screens. The programs do their job fine on our laptop with xp.

The programs themselves both run fine but when I plug the lead from my computers usb into the screen or plc to program, the drivers load wizard doesn't pop up it comes up with something like failed to install drivers down at the bottom of the screen.

If I go to system and device manager I can see GT WIN in the list, If I click on it it says no driver installed, If i go to select driver manually and click through the files to gtwin usb and click next it just says unable to install driver. This is how you generally pointed windows to the driver in previous versions.

I hope this makes sense as Im not a great computer person. I really hope someone can help me to get windows 7 to recognise the drivers for this gear.
Cheers,
Brad.

Reaction score
Hi.

In device manager, right click on the one needing a driver. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to say hardware ids. Copy/paste the results below to a new post.

I'll see what I can do.

Reaction score
thanks ill have to wait until I get back to work on monday to plug the computer into the plc and hmi
Cheers

Reaction score
Hi.

In device manager, right click on the one needing a driver. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to say hardware ids. Copy/paste the results below to a new post.

I'll see what I can do.

This is what I cut as you requested.

USB\VID_0986&PID_0310&REV_0100
USB\VID_0986&PID_0310

Thanks,
Brad.

Reaction score
Microsoft Update Catalog and even Google itself has no hits at all, unfortunately.

Must be some rare driver for sure. lol

Can't even find anything on the vendor by inputting the id here:

http://www.pcidatabase.com/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try Compatibility mode with XP SP2 + Running as admin or visualization if that doesn't work.

Ask a Question