Drivers for touchpad

Reaction score
i m using toshiba satellite A215-S5837 and i have recently installed W7
but now i am facing some problem wid my touchpad. My virtual scroll is not working and i have tried locating it but no results.
my laptop is compatible with synaptics touchpad drivers.
Help me.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
First question: did you try going to the Synaptics website for the driver?

Second question: did you try going to the Toshiba notebook website and getting the drive there for your model of notebook?

Third question: did you try a search engine such a Ixquick, BING, or Google to find the driver?

Fourth question: did you try the Windows Update feature?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You might try here at the Synaptics website: http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

Reaction score
thanks for replies

surely i have tried visiting synaptic website.but my sole problem is that my horizontal and vertical scroll are not functioning.my touch pad is as such working efficiently

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
surely i have tried visiting synaptic website.but my sole problem is that my horizontal and vertical scroll are not functioning.my touch pad is as such working efficiently
Did you go to Control Panel, then Mouse, there you'll see a Tab labeled: Synaptics TouchPad.

Click on the tab and you can configure the options from there.

There are might be a separate Synaptics Touchpad section on the main Control Panel window.

Reaction score
nopes i did not get dat
there is a tab sayin device settings on which there is a synaptic logo bt i cant find anythin there
i hv tried applying default synaptic also.

Reaction score
I have same problm with my Toshiba Satellite L310...
The vertical & horizntal scrolling are not function...
Any one can help me please.... :confused:

Reaction score
I recently installed Windows 7 and it worked just fine with a few small exceptions. One of the were the touchpad, it worked... but not with all the nice features it could have. So I Googled a bit... and found out that Elantech made touch-pads for the Eee's. I found some new Vista driver and ran in (didn't find Windows 7). After restart my touch pad don't work at all.

Ask a Question