Download Windows 7 RTM Build 7600

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm bobunk!

Is build 7600 the final version of Windows 7, because I have seen talk that it is now available to download with the following build strings:

6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945
6.1.7600.16385.win7_rtm.090713-1255

Firstly, how can there be 2 dates for the same build number? Seconly, what is the WZOR site that is always mentioned when leaks appear, I tried to access it but it wants a password.

Are we able to download this safely?

Reaction score
They're the same build. The subversion (16385 vs 16384) means something very minor was changed, typically indicating a change in the development climate (like an RTM signoff or management approvals).

Reaction score
Thank you for the explanation, it now makes sense. There are only Chinese builds available from what I have found, so I will just wait till the proper RTM and use that.

The WZOR site is a bit trippy! All those colours! :D :D :D

Reaction score
well , the gold rtm is over the net , no problem to find it

Reaction score
Are there any restrictions with the latest builds on MSDN?
For instance, the latest Ultimate build is en_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65922.iso which presumably is the latest post RC (final) build.
Does this come with any limitations such as becoming disabled after a period of time or intermittent shutdowns?
I'm planning to create some local test environments but if these builds are limited then I won't use them for long term test environments, just temporary short term simple test environments to avoid them expiring mid way through testing.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are there any restrictions with the latest builds on MSDN?
For instance, the latest Ultimate build is en_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65922.iso which presumably is the latest post RC (final) build.
Does this come with any limitations such as becoming disabled after a period of time or intermittent shutdowns?
I'm planning to create some local test environments but if these builds are limited then I won't use them for long term test environments, just temporary short term simple test environments to avoid them expiring mid way through testing.
If you've downloaded the Windows 7 RTM from MSDN, then there are no time limits - it's the final version... exactly the same as the one that gets released in Oct. to the general public :)

Reaction score
Isnt the RTM the version you have to pay for, or do MSDN members get it free, with their subscription?

Reaction score
So is there a way to get the full version os Win7 for free, from a safe source with no existing subsripctions?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Isnt the RTM the version you have to pay for, or do MSDN members get it free, with their subscription?
RTM just means that the code has been finalised and "Released To Manufacturing", so the retail, MSDN and TechNet versions are all RTM. MSDN members are able to download Windows 7 for free, but under different licensing condition.

So is there a way to get the full version os Win7 for free, from a safe source with no existing subsripctions?
Unfortunately not, or we'd all be doing it ;) You need to pay to become a member of MSDN and TechNet, and there are clauses within the licenses that limit what you can do with the licenses in some cases.

Reaction score
Darn... How much do MSDN subscriptions cost? I know TechNet costs a fortune now that they've taken out the free way to get it.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Well you could possibly get Windows 7 for free. I've seen a few legit contests out there on the net and you could take your chance there. ;)

Reaction score
hehehe i was gonna wait and buy it but my brother being kind hearted gave me Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit key from his tech net :) happy days

Reaction score
ermm not sharing a key m8 he has his own keys he has a tech net OS subscription

Reaction score
ermm not sharing a key m8 he has his own keys he has a tech net OS subscription
This key was not meant for you. You just announced you have or are getting one from your brother. And yes it is sharing a key.

Does this technet subscription also include sharing keys with family members? I think I need to signup, I have allot of family.

Ask a Question