SOLVED Display Keeps Blinking

Reaction score
Sometimes after the computer comes out of sleep mode the display blinks off and on. And just keeps doing it. This only seems to happen in a browser window IE or FireFox. Doesn't happen on the desk top. If I leave it alone to go back to sleep it usually awakens and works fine again.

Any ideas?
Thanks...

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Probably has something to do with your drivers. Check to be sure you have the latest video card driver and monitor driver.

Reaction score
I had the latest ATI drivers downloaded from this site. I looked around and found new moniter drivers and installed those also. We shall see how that goes now !

Reaction score
When I did the clean install the drivers on 12/12/09 were 9.11. I doubt installing the 9.12 will help but I will check the read me file to see what the change / update was mainly for.

Reaction score
This might be a long shot but did you update all of you're motherboard's drivers to the latest version. You're ACPI might be messing around.

Reaction score
As far as I know all drivers are up to date now. So far it hasn't done it again since I updated the Moniter drivers so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As soon as I'm sure its alright I'll mark this post
* Solved *

Thanks,
Greg...

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I just remembered that problem happened to me a few years ago with an nVidia card.

Is the graphics onboard your motherboard or is it a separate video card? If it's separate you may have a thermal interface compound issue. My card's thermal compound had separated and was causing the card to overheat.

Reaction score
This is a separate video card an ATI X1900XT. Its an older card but still up to the task. I just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, memory and cooler. The vid card comes next probably with a 4870 ATI. My specs are filled out you can view them. The card worked fine with XP Pro. I think the moniter drivers fixed the problem though. OS with Windows 7 Pro is new also.

Ask a Question