disconnects from internet

Reaction score
My computer disconnects from the internet every time I start windows media player.
I have only recently installed windows 7.any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Have no idea how it might be connected with wmp , however im having trobs with vpn connection all the time here too

Try not to launch WMP , use any other media player

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Starting WMP should have no effect on connections to the internet.

Reaction score
Yes I agree with the others that it should have no effect. Are you able to reconnect after you start WMP though? You should probably scan your computer for viruses using malwarebytes so we can make sure that the system is clean. Use the thorough scan option. I have a few questions now just so I can better understand:
1) Did these problems not just start? For example did WMP work before without issues?
2) If the problem only recently started to occur did you consider trying restoring from a restore point?
3) You said you only recently installed Win7 would reinstalling the OS be an option you might consider?
4) What type of Internet connection do you have?

Last edited:
Reaction score
this problem started after installation of windows 7
the restore point option does not work
I am not sure about re installation I upgraded from vista
I have a wired connection
the problem fixes itsel temoorarily if I restart the computer,I do not have to switch off the router

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
this problem started after installation of windows 7
the restore point option does not work
I am not sure about re installation I upgraded from vista
I have a wired connection
the problem fixes itsel temoorarily if I restart the computer,I do not have to switch off the router
When you "upgraded" did you just do an upgrade or a Clean Install. There is a difference between the two and many users have issues with the upgrade path.

Reaction score
I upgraded from vista to windows 7 home premium, not a clean install

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
At this point it may be best to backup all your data and do a clean install of Windows 7.

Reaction score
Have you checked in the device manager for and issue with your network adapter. Sounds like a driver issue. If there is an issue, update driver. If there is no issue, try uninstalling driver from device manager then reboot this will load the original windows driver.

Ask a Question