Device Manager Blank

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently upgraded to a new PC with Windows 7 installed. On opening Device Manager, I found it blank, with no devices showing. I do have administration rights and tried the old Service trick with stopping and starting Plug and Play, which didn't work?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hello out there! Has anyone experienced this problem with the Device Manager not displaying hardware???

I would love to hear what you did....................:confused:

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Wow! Now that is a problem for sure. What type of Windows 7 install did you do?

Have you tried downloading S.I.W. and running it to see what it says? (System Information for Windows)

It's a free download to use on personal computers. Go HERE to download it.

It should list all of your devices, software, and tons of other information.

Let us know.

BTW, Welcome to the Windows 7 Forum! Sorry for the late response, was at work.

Reaction score
Hi Nibiru, thanks for the help, SIW is great. My laptop came pre-installed with windows 7 (Home Premium) X64. All I have done, is allow Windows to install updates. I think this problem is linked to the fact that the laptop cant see me Nokia 5800, I keep getting a message that it can install the MTP Driver which is driving me nuts as I use the phone and laptop in tandem

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Using the phone and the computer at the same time MAY be causing the issue.

I hope all is well with the system now.

Keep us posted.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, I have been off-line as I re-installed everything and it is aall now working. Still annoying that I don't know why, but happy to be fully functional.:)

Ask a Question