Dell Photo AIO 944 printer driver

Reaction score
Can't get the Dell Printer to work. It's connected to a desktop and has been running normally with my wireless home network. Wife's friend installed W7RC on her computer and now we can see the computer but can't print to it. Tried to find printer drivers for it online and they don't exist. HELP!

Reaction score
Hi,

Are you dual booting?

Rt click the printer in device manager, select update driver - manually browse to the driverstore on the Vista partitiuon and it should find and install the drivers from there.

Otherwise, download correct bit - version Vista drivers from mfr website and rt click driver setup , select properties and run in Compatibility mode for Vista.

Hope it helps

Reaction score
Solution to installing the Dell 944 on Windows 7

I have had the exact same experience and here is how I solved it. Hope this helps you.

1. First unplug the Dell printer's USB cable.
2. Go to the control panel and uninstall any Dell software which may be on the machine
3. Go to this Dell web support article and follow the procedures. Even though it is posted for a different problem, it will solve this one too. It will have you download an XP removal utility which must be run. Once all this is completed, system rebooted, and you have downloaded the Dell driver for Windows Vista, follow those procedures and it will work. Remember do NOT plug in the USB cable until the point in the final installation when directed to do so.

http://support.dell.com/support/top...d=74D8EF75105911DC9F9F378768417954&l=en&s=dfh

Ask a Question