SOLVED Dell 720 Photo Printer works with 64 bit Windows 7

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Finally, after nearly two months, I got my Dell 720 Photo Printer to work with Windows 7 (64 bit). I'm still searching for the answer for the 32 bit version. It is a Dell driver, though oddly, when you search for the driver on Dell's site for the printer, it doesn't exist. And the 32 bit Vista one doesn't work with 32 bit Windows 7. I found it in a Microsoft Answers forum. Just Google (or Bing) R149373, and the answer will be there. What's really interesting is that the printer prints clearer and better than before. It was made to be used with XP/Win 2K. I know there are many of these printers still in use, so it is my hope that this helps someone besides me.

Reaction score
DELL 720 Printer Windows 7 or Vista 64bit

I downloaded the driver as you suggested and it worked perfectly.
I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out.
Thanks very much!

R149373 works with Windows 7 64 bit operating system and I presume Vista 64 bit operating system...

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
shrewst, welcome to the forum! It took me a while to find that driver, and I have two copies of it, plus it's in my downloads folder. What I've never found is one that works with 32 bit Windows 7. You would think that being it's a 32 bit driver on a 32 bit OS, it would work. But it doesn't. However, I'm happy with what I have, my printer working like new on my 64 bit desktop. In fact, it's still new to me. I bought it from a man who had several, still in the box unopened, found stacked in an office closet. It was five years old, but still new, and works fine. My only problem with it is that I use it so little, the ink cartridges sometimes stops up. I have to remove them and clean the contacts with alcohol on a tissue. It's well worth the $25 that I gave for it ($10 for the printer, $15 to ship it). The inks cost more than that.

Reaction score
Dell 720 photo printer works wiht 64 bit windows 7

This msg is for catilley 1092 who states that he has a printer driver to use the Dell 720 printer with 64 bit windows 7. My question is--how can I get a copy of this driver?

Ask a Question