Cubeternet e SATA SATA 3Gbps PCI Express Host Card

Reaction score
I have this card that came with my 945GCT-M/1333 (V3.0) Motherboard.
I can’t seem to find any manual or drivers on this card except what I have listed below, also
I boxed the numbers that are on the card

Cubeternet e SATA SATA 3Gbps PCI Express Host Card for PC, Mac or Linux : Features
Product Brand : Cubeternet
Product Model : GL
  • Supports Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003/Vista/Win7, Mac OS X, Linux
  • Connectors provided: two external (1 x SATA, 1 x eSATA), and one internal (1 x PATA)
  • Supports Hot Plugging like USB on both SATA II ports (eSATA and SATA)
  • Supports 2-port 3.0Gbps SATA II interface (for both eSATA and SATA)
  • Supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD

Product Description
Expand your exisiting computer to support eSATA or SATA external enclosures to speed up the transfer rate up to 3.0 Gbps. Our eSATA expansion card allows you to easily connect eSATA products to any PCIe equipped computers, including Windows (32 or 64 bit), Mac OS X, and Linux computers. Since some of external hard drives (or external enclosures) are externally equiped an internal SATA connector, this card also provides you an internal SATA for convenience. You may hook it to a SATA hard drive directly. The card also provides an IDE connector for those who would like to add PATA/IDE drives.

Chipset: JMicron JMB363
Fully compliant with SATA II and SATA 1.0 standard
Supports One-Lane 2.5Gbps PCI Express bus (1x)
Supports 2-port 3.0Gbps SATA II interface
Supports two independent SATA II channels (separate logic and FIFO)
Supports Native Command Queue (NCQ) on SATA II port
Supports Hot Plugging like USB on SATA II port
Supports up to UDMA6 (133MB/s) transfer mode of PATA
Supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD
Supports Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003/Vista/Win7, Mac OS X, Linux
Connectors provided: two external (1 x SATA, 1 x eSATA), and one internal (1 x PATA)

Attachments

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That looks like a good addon. I found a similar one that goes into a mini PCI slot (usually wireless network card connection), and converts it into 2 USB 3.0 ports. It would be a good addon for my desktop, just to improve backup speeds. Here it is.

http://www.provantage.com/startech-mpexusb3s2~7STR9254.htm

I don't need the built in wireless on my desktop, as it's the "G" type, and I have a few of the USB "N" type adapters laying around that's a lot faster.

That's shaping up to be a decent computer you're building there, 945. Hopefully it will serve you well.

Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well, you really don't need to worry too much about the driver issue as Windows 7 will automatically load drivers for that card. Maybe not the most current, but it will load them. You can preload them during the install process too at the screen that shows the drive and partitions.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It simply provides an external SATA and an eSATA plug, primarily used for external Harddrives. I use the eSATA connection to/from my Thermaltake BlacX because it theoretically provides speeds up to 6 times faster than the USB connection, though in reality it is still limited to the speed of the harddrive.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I’ll have to check driver manager and see where this is.
The controller is in the "Storage Controllers" listing of the Device Manger component tree.

Last edited:

Reaction score
PCI Express Host Controller Card for eSATA II + SATA + PATA

I went to the device Manager but I don't see any storage controller, I attached a snip of what is in my device manager.

Attachments

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
If you haven't installed the card yet and it's respective driver then it won't show up in Device Manager.

Reaction score
thanks, sorry it took so long to reply, I've been very busy, the attached thumbnail I posted has the card installed and I'll try installing the driver clifford posted and see if it shows up.

Ask a Question