Crashing Now?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Right now my new build is in a blank screen state with the blinking cursor on the left. No keyboard or mouse functions.

Any suggestions before I do a hard shut-down?

This is the second time. Happened about a week ago. I run it full time Folding @ Home.

I'll need to now where to look for mini-dumps and the like, when I restart.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I would also use S.I.W. to verify your system temperatures. It looks like something may be getting hot, aka video card or CPU.

I know you used the latest video driver because you and I discussed that in a PM.

It wouldn't hurt to check the thermal compound on the video card's chipset too, if it''s running real hot that is. Don't mess with it if temps are okay.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Nibs, there actually was a driver update for me. Don't know how I missed it before. Old driver version was from 6-?-10 and the new version was from 7-9-10. It's now updated and I don't think this is the cause of my problem.

As to the overheating, I don't think so. Using HWiNFO32 I get these. The first one is when I'm not folding. The second is folding with the SMP2 client and both cores going full tilt. The system drive seems to be running a little warm but not outrageously so. What do you guys think?

And finally, for both of you, a question about Team Viewer. Today's problem happened just after accessing this computer remotely to check on the folding progress. Last weeks may have been also but I don't remember for sure. Any thoughts on TV 5 causing problems. I have stopped TV5 for now.

Attachments

Reaction score
Let me ask you this question: Does TeamViewer add a mirror display driver under the NVIDIA one, in the device manager? I dunno, I'm just curious that's all.

I recommend DaemonTools 100% for remote desktop access. It's not free, but there is a free trial. DT is pure awesome.

I've never used TV so I can't say anything neg or pos about it.

Remote viewing software absolutely causes freezes when they're not working right or well.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I recommend DaemonTools 100% for remote desktop access. It's not free, but there is a free trial. DT is pure awesome.
What about that nasty dreaded sptd.sys file? :)

I'll check out the other issue if possible.

Reaction score
Ouch...lol....sorry, not Daemon Tools.

I meant DameWare NT Utilities -

http://www.dameware.com/

(It's what uber hackers use once they did all the dirty work with command prompts to gain access. Then this makes like "easier" from the root access gained point and on haha. Of course, someone that gains root access doesn't need the pretty pictures of the desktop to do further work - It only makes it easier lol, like I said.)

It's also used in corporate environment a lot.

Ask a Question