SOLVED Cousin coming; how to secure my exercise video stash?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
My cousin is going to come stay with us for a week next month. I figure she can log in using the Guest account; this way she won't have access to my documents.

However, I have a relatively large collection of...exercise videos on one of the other partitions. Is there some way to make the Guest account unable to so much as see these folders on the other partition? Or the other partition in general?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
However, I have a relatively large collection of...exercise videos
:rofl:

You can disable it at your convenience in the device manager if it's on a separate drive or temporarily disable the drive letter in disk management.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
If your version of 7 is Ultimate, you can use BitLocker to lock the partition down. If not, mabye TrueCrypt will be of help. My experience is only with BitLocker.

On a second thought, if you have a second computer on hand, that may work. That's what I do in that situation, let company use my notebook, all that I use it for is folding, it has nothing on it that I wouldn't want others to see.

If they need a desktop, my only offering to them is to use Mint. The FF & Opera browsers work the same way as they do in Windows, as I'm positive you already know.

Cat

Last edited:
Reaction score
You could always remove the drive letter assignment for that drive while your visitor is around. That wouldn't hide the volume but would hide it as far as Explorer or any other file manager is concerned.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I do have a Mac Mini around that I could let her use, but she might take it personally. Besides it needs a monitor, I've relegated it to media server status.

The drive letter assignment tip is a good one, I might just do that.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I have a relatively large collection of...exercise videos
I just love that! First time I have ever heard of that "analogy"! LMAO! :rolleyes:

:rofl::bath::knuddel:

Ask a Question