Compatible

Reaction score
Adoption of windows 7 depends on software developed to cope with it by makers of printers, networking equipment, cameras and other devices ------ drivers
How about percentage coverage of all the hardware drivers which are compatible with windows 7?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Putting a percentage on hardware compatability for Windows 7 depends on how many years of hardware you are comparing. Backwards compatability does have a stopping point. So how far back are you wanting to go. Personally I think Windows 7 is doing great with compatability.

P.S. This question is really premature until Released To Manufature(RTM) so the compatibility issues can be resolved.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty much in agreement with what Clifford said - it depends on how far back you go (I've not found any recent hardware that has had problems). Some wireless adapters that are about 5 years old have caused problems for me, but perhaps that will change once W7 goes RTM.

Ask a Question