Clean Install

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Last night i completed my wifes Christmas present by installing the OS to the Computer i have built for her (had to do it late at night because the Computer is a surprise)

Spec
Case : Akasa Freedom Xone Case - Black
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready Modular Power Supply
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard
CPU : Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz (Lynnfield) (Socket LGA1156)
RAM : Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3
GPU : ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB GDDR5
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Optical Drive : LiteOn IHAS324-32 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)

I loaded Windows 7 without the Graphics Card installed, no USB connections and with only 2GB of the 4GB installed, formatted the drive to NTFS, the install went fast and smooth no problems at all. I have done this a few times now (just using on board graphics and low RAM) the clean install is flawless each time and i think my wife will like her present :). I hope this post may help anyone wanting to perform a clean install.

Reaction score
That sounded so sweet Veedaz that I even liked to try it by myself. I mean how difficult can it be? But ... what happened to your graphic card? All the USB connections, I mean they are in with the board if I understand it right? And all your extra memory? You did not tell us? Veedaz ....?

Well here it goes on your heading, because that's the one that fit my bill.
New mother board, new cpu, new drive. ( At least one to start with to make it simple). Belive me I will post this EVERY WHERE! Whatever the outcome.

Background. I do graphic design by living. And I have to look professional when customer come in. So I of course have to show W7 on my computers. How else can I be the latest "high tech". Bull!!!!
Ok I have my disk, I insert my disk, I start my computer, I check my Bios, I find my lonely drive, I start w7 and ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Clean install? Oh, get your reading glasses. it is on the bottom on pg 6 in 4pt type!
Is it a sly secret? Oh no, it is simplified, I get it, so you can't see it.

Reaction score
So when do I get the option to partition my 1T drive then?. I don't? The Gate's want's it all!!! Don't they have it all already?
So how do I delegate let say 40g to them then? Well, ...? So back to square one

Last edited:
Reaction score
I say for this round let it just go.

So I wait, and wait, and wait, and wait .... is it done? I look? Done? I don't know, is it? I mean did I miss the "done" part? There must have been one , No? Ok, so on we go.

So in the end I get W7 using 12g. Not bad. But you are also using all of the rest of my 1T drive, for what?

Reaction score
Nice graphics, nice movements but is it anything different than XP?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
That sounded so sweet Veedaz that I even liked to try it by myself. I mean how difficult can it be? But ... what happened to your graphic card? All the USB connections, I mean they are in with the board if I understand it right? And all your extra memory? You did not tell us? Veedaz ....?
GPU and extra RAM installed after the OS was loaded, CCC & Drivers loaded from Flash Drive and external HDD installed after OS was loaded.

If your having problems with your Windows 7 please post them and I'm sure you will receive help.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
suchin, Welcome to the forums! I can see that you're having some trouble with your install, but that's what we're here for, to try to help. If you need help, post a question or search the ones already posted. And by the way, Veedaz knows his stuff, that's how he makes a living. It's not good to come on here and launch an attack at a fellow member. Your posts reeks of sarcasm. And yes, Windows 7 is different from XP, but for the better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I add 2 other sata drives. One by one. And YES that is going quite well. Hurray Bill! credits due when credit is due. So right now I have my first drive of 1T that was not asked to be partitioned for my "windows" drive, and 2 other slave drives to take up the slack when it all will come crashing down. I feel so secure.

So I guess this is the end then. Just to recoup. I bought 3.1 windows for ? Then Win 95, and then win 98. Moved onto NT, 2000 and later XP. All so that I could use my computers.I was one of the lucky one that skipped Vista and now I'm at 7. Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
With a new drive a clean install that in the end deserves the Stapel's easy button.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Wow! Did you just get released from the Arkham Asylum? Take a chill pill and go to bed!

Reaction score
Just to recap. I truly don't mean to be to sarcastic here, well maybe a little.... you know Microsoft.... aren't they are big enough to be able to take some punches.... no?

Windows7 installed very quickly with no problems. However it did not ask you to partition the drive you used. Why? It should have. Also it keeps shutting down by itself? Why?

Tomorrow I will load software and then we will see how it works ok!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It will, if you give it a chance to. But you need to properly post your questions for someone to help. Some of your posts were hardly understandable, let alone asking for help. How about some specs of your system so that we can see what we're dealing with. And if you skipped Vista (I did, too), your XP computer may be in need of some part upgrades for things to work the way it should. I understand you're installing large drives and all, but your computer has to be up to the task of running Windows 7 as well. And this is not Microsoft here on this forum, we're the ones that the punches are being swung at. This is a private forum, and if you have some direct gripes with Microsoft, call them in the morning.

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
You can enter your Computer spec in User CP at the top of the page if you choose to suchin.

Ask a Question