Changing from 64 to 32 bit

Reaction score
Hi
I have just purchased a laptop with W 7 pre installed - and would like to take it back to 32 bit for software and driver issues. However the laptop came with W7 preinstalled - is there a way I can change this without a disc?
Thanks for any help!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
In the past, Microsoft have offered a way to order alternate media from their website for a small fee. However, I haven't see this facility online yet.

What sort of issues are you having with drivers and software, as we may be able to fix those for you. If your laptop came with Windows 7 x64 installed then it should be able to support it fine?

Reaction score
Hi - Im running a couple of audio programmes - digidesign mpowered and an m audio firewire audio card - neither have W 7 support yet. Im told if I go to 32 bit there should not be a problem. Can I do this myself|?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know how you could do this without getting hold of a 32-bit version of Windows 7 of the same type. You could try contacting the manufacturer of the laptop to see if they will send the installation disks - otherwise you may need to wait for x64 drivers.

Do the Vista x64 drivers/software on the digidesign site not work?:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=1&navid=54&itemid=40144

Ask a Question