cannot reboot after going into sleep mode

Reaction score
Hay strange things going on here,,,,, reinstalled win 7 and left my power settings on the installed presets went for a beer and hey presto i can not reawake my pc,, no boot or any thing evey thing was fine before going into sleep mode Helpppp!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try holding down the power button for 4 seconds and see if the PC turns off fully, then try powering it on again? If that fails, try switching it on/off at the socket.

It sounds like you'll need to disable sleep mode for now until we can figure out what the problem is.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ian I had a late night on this 1, no way would it boot past, post, after turning back on so i reset the cmos and am using the default bios settings and after it rebooted bios did inform me that indeed it failed to reset after hibernation so i have disabled it for now which is what I should of done in the first place after reinstalling.
Amazingly it does not appear as an error in the event log viewer¿¿ apart from the date changes in the bios 2001 (I had to laugh).
Any way all seems to be rerunning fine for now again will let you know if there is any further probs that are major.
Kind regards

Ask a Question