Can NOT print Web-pages although e-mails and others can be printed OK

Reaction score
NHi:
I can NOT print any of web-pages although I can print all others, such as e-mails and Words.

The printer is HP All-in-one series.

Any solutions on this would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What happens when you go to File - Print (or Ctrl + P) in your browser? Does a printer window open at all? If so, the first box is a drop-down menu, if your printer is not in the window then click the drop-down and see if it is available for selection.

Also, is your email web-based because then this would be very odd.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
One reason (oof others!) for this.
If you are using a cleaning program, on a regular basis, some of them will remove this hidden folder , Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Low".
So. Unhide the folders in the view options of Windows explorer.
See if the mentioned folder is there. If not, create another one which my be sufficient.
If that fails, now you know you have the folder, try this:

Click Start
Click All Programs, and then Accessories.
Right-click Command Prompt, and then Run as administrator.
Type the following command at the prompt, and then press ENTER:

ICACLS "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low" /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

You must type this accurately, with the letter cases!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks both for the responses.

This morning I found is that HP has its own Web-Page printing feqature, called 'Smart Web-Printing' that seems causing this issue, .... can not print any web-pages by accessing by clicking an icon 'print,' nor 'File > Print. If I apply 'HP Smart Web-Print,' I can print any of web-pages.

However, I love to print web-pages by using a regular/normal proceures, ... File > Print.

Any ideas for me to able to print in normal procedure, File > Print to print web-pages?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Springflower~

just out of curisoty..

did you let windows do the drivers for you printer .. or did you get them DIRECTLY from HP ??

If the former(Windows) .. Get the driver and any supplimentals from HP .. that may help your issue ...

Just a thought .
~LoneWolf

Reaction score
Springflower~

just out of curisoty..

did you let windows do the drivers for you printer .. or did you get them DIRECTLY from HP ??

If the former(Windows) .. Get the driver and any supplimentals from HP .. that may help your issue ...

Just a thought .
~LoneWolf
It's DIRECTLY from HP site.

Because when I inserted a CD came with the printer, I was instructed to download and install directly from HP site, although CD indicates XP and Windows 7.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have HP Smart Web Printing installed but it does not prevent me from using the normal File...Print, if desired.

Ask a Question