Can i install windows 10 apps on windows 7 ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by PerterP, Nov 2, 2018.

1. PerterP

PerterP

Can i install windows 10 apps on windows 7 ? Is it possible? Is there any side loader software work for it?

PerterP, Nov 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. PerterP

Jeyneko

Probably not.

I haven't seen any implementation done before of UWP on other OSes and I bet Windows 10 uses new kernel functions that won't work for it...

Jeyneko, Nov 6, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. PerterP

JamieD

If you mean you want to install windows 10 and you are using windows 7 now. I think yes, you can upgrade provided you find your product key and get compatibility info. It is because you will need a valid Windows license key for 7, 8, or 8.1 in order to perform the upgrade.

JamieD, Nov 7, 2018
  4. PerterP

Man

Whatcha mean by Windows apps... like Microsoft Photos and Edge Internet explorer? Notepad man, that works great. Frankly, I would just experiment. That's the best part. Go to the App Store and try it. If it says no youtube it. It feels great doing something in Windows that they say won't work. Ummm. I know sometimes it can be tricky getting some things from 7 to work on 10 like Windows Photo Viewer which is much better, faster, and more user friendly than Microsoft Photos in 10. There are some pretty simple registry tweaks you can google.

Man, Nov 17, 2018 at 11:58 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question