Can I do this?

jpk

Reaction score
I had a virus had had to reinstall W7 on my C: drive. Before doing that I saved Libreoffice, the whole program, to a separate hard drive as the virus would not allow me to open LibreO. I copied the entire program. I have some documents that will be hard to reproduce in there, I should have saved them else where as a precaution before but live and learn. Can I retrieve those documents from my saved program? Searching the folders in LibreO I don't see anything that stands out as a possible folder where those docs reside. Anyone know what I can do? Thanks for any help.

I down loaded a new copy of LibreO on my C: drive hoping I could just merge the two but that was unsuccessful.

Reaction score
If you copied LibreO from Program Files, your documents will not be stored there. If that is not what you meant, you will need to clarify which folders and where they were. User data is stored in "Users" folder under your login name.

jpk

Reaction score
I did not copy my original documents I had saved in LibreO to any folder other than LibreO. I never copied them to W7's documents folder nor any other external program folder. They were only in the LibreO program or file system within the program unless LibreO sends them to another folder other than its own internal program folders.

Reaction score
I have a feeling you lost your data, because you assumed you knew where it was stored.