can any one give solution for this problem?

Reaction score
i m having Lenovo Z460 laptop..hard disk is of size 500gb.. now i have 2 primary partition drives and 2 logiacal drives.. And an unallocated size of 104GB.. now i have to create an partition on this unallocated space..But it showing error that "CANNOT CREATE A NEW PARTITION,THE DISK ALREADY CONTAIN MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTITIONS"
(i am using Windows7 ultimate)..Can anyone give solution for this problem?

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hi kowsihan and Welcome to The Forum.

I think what you need to do is make your 2 logical and the unallocated space into one primary partition. You can then split that into as many logical partitions as you care.

Reaction score
i have to fomat all these drives to make it as single partitions! is it?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I hesitate to offer help in this situation because if you format a partition then that data is gone/lost. In my opinion formatting partitions is not for the general user because it can cause complete loss of data.

If you wish to try this then you should take images of the existing drives first which means you need another HD.

Then you delete the partition to the right or left of the unallocated space so that you end up with a large contiguous unallocated space. Then allocate it all together and restore your image to it.

Reaction score
Hi kowsihan

Reason is only 4 primary partition are allowed and you already have ...
What you can do is as you have 2 logical drives ... you have to format these two drives ... then you can create 1 primary partition .. in which you can extend the drive by creating as many logical drives.

Reaction score
Determine mfg of hard drive. Seagate/Maxtor has 2 hdd programs. Disc wizard & Seatools. Western Digital has 2 similiar programs. These will work on different mfg hdd but not all. U can play with partitions or extend partitions without effecting data/files! Go to the respective hdd mfg sites 2 download these tools 4 free!

Ask a Question