SOLVED Camcorder to win. 7 pro

Reaction score
I just started shooting with my Canon Elura 80 Camcorder after it sat for 3 years in it's box. Because I been shooting with Pentax DSLR's lately.
I tried to transfer video from my Camcorder to my PC and it won't recongnize the thing at all.
I updated Win 7 pro with all the Essentials needed, I updated the Canon Software to the 64 bit update.
I pluged in the cable to the USB on my PC and turn it on but windows does nothing. It works fine if I use the RCA cable to my HDTV so I know it's not the Camcorder.

Any Ideas?
Thanks Jack

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
According to Canon the drivers are built-in to W7 so it should be recognized when you plug it in. Connect it and then go to Control Panel \ Device Manager and expand entries looking for devices that did not install properly. If there is nothing there then check your camera manual to see if there is a setting on the camera required for it to enable output. If the instructions don't help then try emailing Canon ...
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=contactUsLanding

Reaction score
I just can't seem to make heads or tails of it. I tried it on the wifes PC also and she has XPand it won't work.. it used to work just fine. Thanks for the link.

Ask a Question