BSODs, driver crashes, game crashes and whatnot

Reaction score
Since I bought my new Radeon HD 6580 I get alot of BSODs with various messages, driver crashes, game crashes and malfunctions.
I installed catalyst manager with all tools but saw a suggestion that might be causing the BSODs and deleted it completely and installed only the display driver from windows update.
I also disabled my 3 other graphic cards(2 intel hd graphics and 1 nvidia 9600 gt) but no luck.
My current problems:
rare BSODs (once 1-2 hours) with various messages.
Warcraft III displaying random things at random places all the time.
Every time I complete a mission in SC2 I get game crash.
Graphics driver crashes, but recovered after about a min (about every 30 min).
How can I fix this?

Attachments

Reaction score
Don't let Windows/Microsoft Update update your video card driver's. Those driver's are out dated. Go to www.amd.com and get the driver's for your video card. Also, AMD should have new driver's coming out next week or early the following week, as they come out with new driver's monthly.

Reaction score
The amd drivers are not signed and are not runnable in normal windows 7 64 bit. However I bashed out the signature checking hardly so I can run it, I will try your suggestion.

Reaction score
That's funny AMD's Catalyst 11.6 driver's come up as signed and work on my Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 computer. Make sure you disable your antivirus and paid for antispyware software, if you have any installed. Windows Defender won't cause any issue's with installing driver's. All other antivirus and paid version's of antispyware software will. Also AMD and Nvidia driver's are digitally signed, as both companies are fully aware that Microsoft introduced that feature in 2007 .

Reaction score
Look and see if there's an update for the game on the company that make's the game's website. It could be the game's fault and they may very well have an update that fixes the issue. Either way make sure to always get your video card driver's from AMD, not Microsoft.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help but I found the problem. One of my 4gb memory sticks was malfunctioning. The reason I thought its graphics is because the only thing that reached into the second 4gb memory stick (the faulty one) was high graphic applications.
The weird thing is that memtest86+ did not catch the problem but prime95 did.
After removing the stick I'm running without problems few days already.

Ask a Question