BSOD

Reaction score
Hello.

I seem to be getting a problem with BSOD while playing Starcraft II. My computer is new as of yesterday.

It crashes only while playing SC2 and I've only seen one BSOD after at least 4 crashes....the error was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

While I attempted to compress the DMP file I kept getting a "access denied" error.

My specs are

Asus UL80J BBk5

i3 Intel processor (low voltage variant) U330 @ 1.20Ghz

main board via cpu-z american Megatrends Inc version UL80Jt.210
chip set Intel Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge HM55 rev 18

4 Gigs Ram

500 Gig HD

I can provide more info if yiou need it....I wish I could get the minidump file compressed but the windows 7 will not do it and niether will WinRar.

Thanks for any help.

Graphis GeForce 310M 1718 MB memory

Reaction score
Hi.

Please see the sticky thread in this section for how to post the crash dumps.

Reaction score
Hi.

Please see the sticky thread in this section for how to post the crash dumps.

Knowing your motherboard model is very helpful here. You can use CPU-Z if you aren't sure, to find out which it is.

I provided this.

To post your crash dumps, please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and copy the files in there to any other folder on the machine. Then zip or rar the files and attach the compressed file to your post using the paperclip above where you type.

I mentioned I was unable to do this...however I just discovered my problem with this issue....and viola my dump is attached.

Windows 7 has built-in zipping abilities. All you have to do is highlight the file(s), right click them and choose "send to" and then "Compressed (zip) folde
r".

See above.

I look forward to building this section in popularity with the help of this wonderful site and hopefully other bsod analysts as well. If it gets very busy, I will for sure ask for assistance here.

I sure appreciate the help.

Not to be rude...but I complied with the sticky. I digress.....

Please help...maybe the dump will help a little more.

Attachments

Reaction score
1) Not the cause of issues, but you'd do well by updating our Realtek HD Audio driver:
Code:
 RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jan 12 05:14:27 2010
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

2) This ASUS driver is older than Windows 7 RTM and needs an update:

Code:
ASMMAP64 ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 02 05:13:26 2009
Download and install the latest ATK driver from here:

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=KtrJvpc9jBC956Le

3) The Intel graphics driver can use an update. Get that in the vga section of the above ASUS link:

Code:
igdkmd64 igdkmd64.sys Tue Mar 23 15:34:56 2010
4) Also install the latest NVIDIA driver from the above ASUS link in vga section:

Code:
nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Sat Mar 27 12:29:29 2010
5) Update your camera driver from the above link:

Code:
snp2uvc  snp2uvc.sys  Wed May 20 04:11:05 2009
6) If all of the above does not fix it, then uninstall Avast in safe mode using this tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Install MSE in normal mode.

Post new crashes after doing all the above, if still necessary. I'l be able to see what you might have missed.

Reaction score
MSE is Microsoft Security Essentials.. Very stable, not a resource hog and free to download.

Reaction score
Error installing ATK driver.

Exact Error:

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product use Add/Remove Program on the control panel"

Dont know what program to remove.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the assistance....still trying to figure out the ATK driver but it appears the problem has been resolved with the GPU driver updates...

Ask a Question