BSOD

Reaction score
I have been having blues screens for a few weeks and i had come to the conclusion that my ram needed replacement. when i fiannly got all the ram sent in and got new ram back i stuck it in my computer and thought everything was fine...well apparently not so ya here r the minidump files and the only time i have the blue screens is when i am downloading world of warcraft or playing video games.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey...

It's likely that your hard drive is failing. There crash dumps are only showing a small fraction of the drivers. This would happen if there were corrupt data in the page file. More on this in a moment.

With the limited amount of info I can gather from these crashes, it may be involving networking somehow. So the current advice is as followed:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party firewall.
2) Update your lan driver from the motherboard manufacturer's website.
3) If you have a wireless adapter also, update its driver from the manufacturer's website.
4) Open an elevated command prompt. For the hard drive letter that you have the page file on, most likely C:
Type this command then press enter:

chkdsk /r C:

Change C to the correct drive letter if different.

------------

After doing this, the crash dumps may have the full output. So post them if any occur, please.

Reaction score
Well, there is a little success in that I can see all the drivers now.

You do have a notorious one which we can get rid of. Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers and delete AsIO.sys.

Reboot.

When it gets back to Windows, if it complains that it can't find that file (which would be good anyhow) - then uninstall all motherboard utilities from ASUS. Or use Regedit or msconfig to remove the startup entry(ies) for them.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Corruption again, which is probably the hard drive failing as I've said above. Recommendation is to install Windows on any other hard drive you might have while removing the current one as well, to test like this to see how it goes.

If it all runs well, purchase a new hard drive for the machine or continue using the test replacement drive:

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {5b4200000000, 2, 0, fffff80002ad4291}

***** Debugger could not find nt in module list, module list might be corrupt, error 0x80070057.

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Reaction score
Visit ASUS' site for your motherboard. Download/install the latest ATK0110 driver in downloads/utilities section to update this driver:

Code:
 ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005
Update the Realtek network driver:

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Fri May 22 10:52:30 2009

Reaction score
even with the replaced hard drive i am still having problems..i also installed those drivers

Reaction score
You once again have AsUpIO.sys and AsIO.sys, now.

Delete them same as before. Reboot.

----------

If this doesn't help, you either have a defective video card or a defective memory. Likely memory is the problem, then.

Code:
VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL (10e)
The video memory manager encountered a condition that it can't recover from. By crashing,
the video memory manager is attempting to get enough information into the minidump such that
somebody can pinpoint what lead to this condition.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000002, Process heap being destroyed isn't empty.
Arg2: 0000000000000001
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
----------

It is most likely of all that the two files above caused the crash.

Make sure the game you're playing (BFHeroes.exe) is patched to latest.

Ask a Question