BSOD when playing SC II or Age of Conan

Reaction score
Good Day All,

I have experinced random BSOD when playing either one of these games. They are random and can happen 10 minutes into the game or 2 hours. I have updated all drivers for all hardware, cards, etc. I have tried various fixes from each game forum with no success. I am hoping you can help! :D

OS is Win 7 Home Premium / 64-bit came installed at purchase
9 GB Ram
Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 2.67 GHz

I am also attaching my last dump file.

Thanks,

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. A few software issues to take care of. There may be a RAM defect but we'll get to that later on if errors continue.

1) Uninstall your Cisco software Pure Networks or similar. It is too old for Windows 7:

pnarp pnarp.sys Tue Apr 01 04:44:59 2008

2) Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\drivers and delete

AWOPFilterDriver.sys

AWOPFilterDriver AWOPFilterDriver.sys Thu Jun 25 09:54:47 2009

Reboot.

3) Uninstall completely the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

IOCBIOS IOCBIOS.SYS Thu Jul 09 13:47:22 2009

4) Update your Silicon Images storage drivers for your particular add-on card:

SiRemFil SiRemFil.sys Wed Jun 20 15:42:10 2007
SI3132 SI3132.sys Wed Oct 03 14:39:29 2007
SiWinAcc SiWinAcc.sys Thu Jun 14 20:02:02 2007

Be sure to choose the exact same version that you have now with respect to either RAID or BASE:

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/searchresults.aspx?pid=32&cat=3&os=11

5) After doing all of these things, post a new crash dump if new crashes happen and good luck.

Reaction score
I did 1 - 3 and experienced a restart after playing for 30 minutes (no BSOD). There is no file dump. When attempting to do #4 how do I know if it is RAID or BASE? I also have 3 SiRemFil.sys located in :

C:\Windows\System32\drivers
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository
C:\Users\Patton\AppData\Local\SlimWare Utilities Inc\SlimDrivers\Backups\20101030T170413136049\pci\ven_1095&dev_3132&subsys_02f71028

Thanks,

Reaction score
Good Day,

I am uable to update the drivers after I have downloaded them to my pc. When I select to update the drivers and point to the folder that holds the downloads you sent me to, it says I already have the latest versions.

Additionally, there was no program prompt to update them automatically once I downloaded them to my pc and extracted the files.

Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong?

Much appreciated!

Reaction score
2 ways to do so. Both have same results. Choose one or the other.

1) Extract the driver download to a folder. Copy the 3 .sys files and paste them over the ones at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

2) Open device manager. Right click the SI card. Choose properties. Update drivers software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Now navigate to the extracted folder and double click on si3132r5.inf (if RAID driver package). Hit ok then hit next. It will install.

---------

Reboot for good measure, after choosing either method.

Reaction score
Good Morning!

I completed the changes using BASE drivers, rebooted the system and still experienced a complete system reboot in the middle of a game (about 1 1/2 hours of playing). The good news is no more BSOD :)

Any thoughts on why it is doing the random reboot now? Is there any other type of .dmp files or similar I can gather for you to look at?

Thanks again, you have been very helpful and I truly appreciate the time!

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Here is how I missed #3 & #4:
On #3 I used the 'uninstall program' but it did not get rid of all of it. I searched until I found the folder and deleted the remaining items.
On #4 I copied the files to the wrong folder (duh!) but have now replaced them.

I made sure 3&4 were completed this time all the way through and afterwards I experienced a system reboot 1 hour 10 minutes into the game.

Anyway, other thoughts?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Can't say anything about it without new crash dumps to see. :)

You're welcome.

Reaction score
Good Evening,

Played for about an hour and this time it crashed to my desktop with an error dump (which I have attached). I also sent the data to Blizzard (game manufacturer).

Let me know if this is any use to you........thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
OK. Is there anywhere else I might be able to get you some information other than the minidump folder?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Not really, no.

If the machine is not having bsods any longer, we've successfully repaired the machine. :)

Crashing to desktop can be caused by weak/insufficient psu or a game fault in itself. If the only thing happening is the one game crashing to desktop and everything else is fine, nothing more for me to say or do here.

Reaction score
Sounds good and thank you so much for all of your help! I also learned a few things along the way.... :D

If I get anymore BSOD's I'll post them here! Off to Blizzards tech support regarding the crashes.

Thanks,

Ask a Question