SOLVED BSOD w/ntoskrnl.exe

Reaction score
I recently started getting BSODs after using the computer for a few hours. Only twice has the system restarted. The only connection to what I was doing at the time was using the internet. It has happened when I clicked on a link and othertime when nothing was being used. I have not installed any new software or hardware. Attached are the minidump files. It seems to have started around the time I turned on the encryption to my wireless network. My internet connection runs extremely slow on this computer, but not my others. Using Blue Screen View it seems the constant error is in ntoskrnl.exe but I don't know how to fix it.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Missed this so you likely found help elsewhere but just in case I will offer what little help I can.

The W7 kernal is basically a default error when the system doesn't know who to blame. Usually what you need to do is update your drivers.

Another common cause is a virus. You might download TDSSKiller and RKill (find links at the bottom of our freeware DB) and then boot into safe mode and run them followed by a complete scan using your anti-virus software (or try the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware if you don't have one)

Reaction score
BSOD reply

Thanks for the response. I had updated my drivers and run every virus scan I could, but that didn't help.It is good to know ntoskml is a default error and not a sign of a bigger problem. A previous response suggested it was in the SMC wireless adapter, which I also suspected. I removed the adapter and started using a powerline adapter that uses electric outlets for network connections. I haven't had a single BSOD and my Internet speed is 3-4 times what it was before.

Ask a Question