BSOD right after startup logo

Reaction score
Hello, I recently installed windows 7 professional (build 7600) and after a day of running fine, i turned my laptop on the next day to find a bsod after the startup logo. There is no minidump folder in c:/windows and the bsod error is

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x82BA3445, 0x80786794, 0x80786370)

EDIT: I managed to stop the BSOD but now, Windows will freeze on the "Starting Windows" Logo. Please Help.

Last edited:

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hello, I recently installed windows 7 professional (build 7600) and after a day of running fine, i turned my laptop on the next day to find a bsod after the startup logo. There is no minidump folder in c:/windows and the bsod error is

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x82BA3445, 0x80786794, 0x80786370)

EDIT: I managed to stop the BSOD but now, Windows will freeze on the "Starting Windows" Logo. Please Help.

SP

This crash was probably caused by a driver causing a memory exception ()xC0000005) but we really need the actual dmp file to tell you which.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.

* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

If there is no minidump folder you can do two things. One look in c:\windows for a file called memory.dmp, the second you can search for *.dmp and that should find it.

Let us know if you need further assistance

Ken J

Last edited:

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
We gotta stop meeting like this {grin}

Nice to see a friendly face.

Ken

Ask a Question