BSOD, losing screen signal(memok led on), screen freeze/glitch/warp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there,
this problem started about 3-4 months ago and it wasn't happening that often, but over time started to occur more so I put my PC away for the last few months, only just got it out to start looking into the problem. http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/239714-random-freeze-random-bsod-no-signal-screen.html I also have a thread there with a lot of the information, I changed my ram from 1600mhz to 1333mhz as the 1600 technically isn't compatible, and the BSOD is still occurring quite frequently, even BSOD'ed in safe mode just before. Or sometimes the screen will just lose signal from the computer and the memok led will trigger, and sometimes the screen just warps up, similar to this, but with no background and you can't do anything, http://www.vistax64.com/attachments...t-australia-graphics-display-card-failure.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry for multiple edits.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.
I just had a quick look at your last mini dump and ESET is out of date. Are you able to update it?
eamonm.sys Tue Aug 02 19:33:29 2011
How long has the computer been on before it blue screens?

EDIT: Also Update your video drivers, please.
AtiPcie.sys Wed May 06 01:00:22 2009
Remove Daemon tools, in particular the SPTD.sys driver.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alrighty, I had actually downloaded the latest catalyst control centre update after I posted this and updated everything it said needed updating, which I believe included my graphics. My copy of Nod32 is cracked, like it's the proper install, but I flashed it so that it thinks my license is authentic and I've checked to see if it can be updated and it says I have the latest update. I removed DaemonTools a week or two back, and I just set sptd.sys driver start option to 4 in the registry so that it won't start.

Attached another zip folder with more recent dump files. If you can find anything that I should try uninstalling or updating I'd love to give it a go, and again, thanks for all your help! Appreciated muchly :)

Disabled sptd.sys as per #2 instruction in this link, http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f26/my-system-wont-boot-after-installation-v4-problems-sptd-sys-6828/

Attachments

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Why would you have a cracked version of AV? It could have any type of Trojan or virus as part of it. You simply don't know.

My suggestion would be to remove it and install Microsoft AV. It's free.

Reaction score
Because I used to use Nod32 and I trust it, whereas I haven't used Microsoft AV or heard anything about it, how do you feel about Microsoft AV?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Microsoft Security Essentials is a decent A/V, especially for free.

Use of hacked/cracked software is dangerous and illegal, therefore it is not an acceptable topic on w7forums. Do not mention it again or you will be banned.

This thread is now CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question