SOLVED Bsod help please

Reaction score
occasionally i would get a bsod like once every 3 months no biggy considering i leave my computer on all the time, however every day now im getting a bsod, no idea whats going on, it seems to do it more likely when im playing games.

uninstalled and reinstalled video drivers,
got rid of deamon tools and alcohol 120%,
ran virus scan
ran chkdsk

ive seen many forums saying to include dump files so i'll include them along with screen shots of cpu-z

thanks for the help and advice in advance =]

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Please update:

MarvinBus64.sys Sat Sep 24 07:17:03 2005 (433470CF)
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Support/Consumer+Support/?viewDownload=1

pcouffin.sys Wed Dec 06 01:39:30 2006 (457584A2)
Part of a CD/DVD Burning program?

RaInfo.sys Sat Jan 05 05:57:14 2008 (477E818A)
LMIRfsDriver.sys Tue Jul 15 02:26:56 2008 (487B7E50)
Logmein remote.

Then check your RAM
https://www.w7forums.com/memtest86-memory-testing-t9067.html

Hope this helps

Reaction score
i did run a quick mem test today and got like 7000 errors tested each stick and found 1 that got alot or errors ran another quick test with the other 3 and came out fine. so far today no bsod but i wanta wait a few days before fully thinking this is what the issue was

Shintaro

Reaction score
Cool, you seem to have found the problem.

If there are no problems, please mark the thread as solved.

Reaction score
ran all day yesterday fine. just now got a bluescreen, just a quick question though can a dieing external harddrive cause a pc to bluescreen? i have this crappy external that i have to plug in and replug in like 5 times before any of my computers read it, needed to get something off it started copying 10 secs in to the copy i bluescreened, could this be the issue?

Shintaro

Reaction score
What kind of external hard drive? Brand and Model?

Can you upload the mini dump files?

Reaction score
seagate 2gh5vkyk 1.5tb

sorry for the big mini dump i dont know what ones are the new ones

Attachments

Reaction score
Not overclocking, after post 1 i noticed that my ram was getting auto overclocked due to the motherboard i fixed that, i did post pics of cpu-z in the first post all that is changed is 1 less ram stick. and old drivers im updateing but idk what one the cd/dvd burning program is i'll just uninstall all mine and reinstall the ones i use. logmein is updated already memtest ran fine. and im assume it was something with the external harddrive. the damn thing only works in my desktop computers and barly works there. so im just gonna assume that it was that and mark this as solved. thanks for your help shintaro! =]

Shintaro

Reaction score
Could you please let us know your hardware.
Have you thought about updating the BIOS? Of course you need to be careful, but if the USB HD is haing trouble and everything else is ok, then that is the next step.

Also is the USB HD plugged in when your getting the crashes?

Reaction score
sorry about not posting here in awhile, i figured it out it was my video card, noticed after awhile when playing minecraft the driver crashed i got a new card and no bsod since =D

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Thanks for the update.

Just a quick couple of questions:
How old was the original Video Card? What model?
Did you replace the old card with the same model or a new model?

Reaction score
it was about 3 years old i think cant really remember haha. its a galaxy GeForce GT 220 1GB. replaced it with msi GeForce GT 610 2GB.

Ask a Question