BSOD crash

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum, and referred to it recently when my computer BSOD crashed on me. However the terror has come back and I am out of solutions to fix the problem.

My computer crash relates to "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "win32k.sys" errors.

Problem is I am playing starcraft 2 game and everytime i alt + tab or exit game it BSOD on me. Any other program that I run seems to be fine such as, movies, 3DS max, or even other games seem to be fine.

I recently changed graphics card because I thought that was the error so my computer is at the moment running with,

motherboard: Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme
cpu: intel i7 920 2.66GHZ
ram: OCZ GOLD 6GB 1600mhz, and OCZ Blade 6GB 2000mhz, Both triple channel ram
GPU: evga gtx 460 1GB SC edition

I have attached my minidump and hope that some1 can help me solve this stressful problem.

Thanks a million in advance

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey, welcome!

hahaha I enjoy working on machines such as yours. Provides a little challenge, with the million + 1 crashes you have. Wow, lots! Let's see if we can tame the machine.

That particular game has been mentioned for that issue. Install the latest patch(es) if there are any available.

Alrighty....

1) Update or uninstall UltraMon. This current driver is too old for Windows 7:

Code:
UltraMonUtility UltraMonUtility.sys Thu Nov 13 20:10:30 2008
2) Uninstall Easy Tune and all motherboard utilities which only cause problems. Also, this driver is too old and that will get rid of it:

Code:
gdrv     gdrv.sys     Fri Aug 08 14:28:54 2008
3) Update or uninstall all your Cyberlink software to get rid of this old driver:

Code:
000      000.fcl      Thu Oct 04 22:47:54 2007
4) I'm not exactly sure what this is a driver for. Seems like some kind of software protection. In any case, this driver or old version of this driver definitely has to go away. Uninstall or figure out what it's for and update it. Provided is a helpful link for ya:
Code:
WibuKey64 WibuKey64.sys Wed Nov 22 07:09:49 2006
http://wibu.com/download_user.php

5)
Code:
adfs     adfs.SYS     Thu Jun 26 16:52:37 2008
Update all of your Adobe software. If you are using CS3 or below, uninstall instead. This driver is too old and has known issues under Windows 7.

(I would also scan the machine with Malwarebytes. It is rare, but malware does hide under this name and it is possible this is one of the instances. Probably not, but good to check anyhow.)

6) Uninstall MagicDisc. This driver from it is too old with known issues.
Code:
mcdbus   mcdbus.sys   Tue Feb 24 05:34:07 2009
I recommend using PowerIso for drive emulation since that aspect of the software is free forever and it never causes bsod under any circumstances:
Code:
mcdbus   mcdbus.sys   Tue Feb 24 05:34:07 2009
http://www.PowerISO.com

7)
Code:
PxHlpa64 PxHlpa64.sys Tue Jun 23 19:16:35 2009
Find out which software you have installed that has also installed this driver. Googling will be helpful. Then uninstall or update that particular software to either remove or update the driver.

After attention to all of these things, please post a new crash dump if any further crashes happen. Good luck.

Reaction score
thanks so much for your reply, i'll do those steps and hope thats all there is.

Reaction score
Hi, it seems the crash has changed from service exception to
0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

i have attached the two recent crash dumps. I dont think its my ram because windows has done a memtest and came out with no errors.

but im not too sure. Many thanks again in advance

ta

Attachments

Reaction score
Steps 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 in my previous post are still not completed.

In addition, make sure that the manufacturer's driver is installed for all monitors you have.

Ask a Question