SOLVED Box for saving files via web pages

Reaction score
Hello:

When you save a page from a web page, you get a window/dialog box like the one in the attached file. In fact, I got the same window/dialog box when I uploaded the attachment file to this post.

This window/box is not very good for my purposes, as I save nearly 100 % of downloads in a folder under "Computer". In XP, you got a window that made your folder structure easily accessible, and you could also set shortcuts to your most commonly used folders.

Is there any way to customize the "unwieldy" window/box in Windows 7?

Thanks,

Hans L

Attachments

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There are a couple of ways you can do this :)

Either, create a new library for the folder you want to save to. To do this, just right click a folder in Explorer and choose Include in Library > Create new Library

Or, load up explorer and browse to the "Computer" folder you want to use in the right hand panel. Then, on the left, right click "favourites" and click "Add current location to favourites". This will add a quick link to your "computer" folder on every browse box. This may be the easiest way to achieve what you are after. :)

Reaction score
Okay, Ian, I will try. I use Firefox, but I am sure it is the same principle.

Regards,

Hans L

Reaction score
I fixed this according to your second suggestion above, Ian.thank you very much!

Hans L

Ask a Question