SOLVED Boots to Windows Boot Manager Screen

Reaction score
After doing a custom install from XP to Win7 (Completed without any problems) whenever my computer boots, it goes into the Boot Manager screen.

I have the choice of:

1. Earlier Version if Windows
2. Windows 7 (Default)
3. Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

When I go the the "Boot" tab of the "MSCONFIG" I only see 1 (one) entry for Windows 7

Anyone have a similiar issue and a solution?

Thanks,
John

Reaction score
Tried the startup repair. After it started scanning, it came back withe a message saying that if I attached anything to the computer, to remove it and restart the computer.

I haven't attached anything new.

John

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
If you have anything attached (eg) external hard drive turn off the PC unplug attachments then try Startup Repair again John.

Reaction score
Pulled the "removeable" Hard drive which wasen't present when I did the install. Same message.
When I looked at the "Diaganostic and repair details file, There was no indication of any problems.
The last item in the file
"Root cause found:
"Boot status indicates that the OS booted sucessfully"
Do you know of a Registry entry that can be edited to resolve this? It seems I recall seeing something a long time ago to avoid getting this "Boot Menu" screen to appear.

Thanks,
John

Reaction score
How do I reinstall the MBR?
I've never got involved with it. I know the beginning of it has something to do with where the OS is located or something like that

John

Reaction score
Hi Veedaz,

I found out that I should have deleted the recovery partition before doing the install. It also left the "Boot.ini" file in the drive. When I removed the Boot .ini, it no longer brings up the Boot Manager screen.
All seems well now.

Thanks for the help.

John

Ask a Question