SOLVED Boot Manager Gone Missing

Reaction score
Help please…new HDD in Asus Laptop installed Win 7 Home Premium from Asus recovery disks 3 times and there were several problems main one was that Windows Update would not operate went into sys management and tried to fix problem there to no avail…next I downloaded an ISOS file for Win7 Home premium, burned to dvd and tried to install seemed to be gluing OK got to nearly finishing the install.. next it spat the dummy.. so tried again this time when you select the HD said it could not install because no partition..formatted HDD there and then still would not carry on..restarted computer ..keeps telling me Boot file missing used install DVD to try and repair Boot Manager both Auto and Manual..
Please any ideas?? or is this new HDD stuffed??
Acutual message from the install program when asked to install on the drive "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition - see setup files for more information
Disk controller is enabled in the BIOS"
I found out the coding to manually repair the Boot Manager... cmd prompt type: bootrec /rebuildbcd ..
This did not work the first time I tried with a windows 7 Premium disk so I have just tried my Windows7 Ultimate disk and that appears to have fixed the problem and windows is now installing

Last edited:

Ask a Question