Blue screen of death issues driving me nuts!!

Reaction score
Maybe about 5 days ago I was on the internet and then all of a sudden by computer went to a blue screen. The screen moves fairly quickly so from what I read it said my computer was not shut down properly and something about it may have to do with a program that was recently installed or something about a hard drive. At the bottom of the screen it says that its dumping physical memory and then it says something about a minidump.

I'm not too comupter savy, but I'm able to follow directions to fixing this issue if someone knows what the issue is and can be more detailed with the answer. At this moment I'm in safe mode in command prompt running SFC /scannow , because I read this on another thread. The result says: Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations. I also tried to recovery to an earlier time, but for some odd reason my cmputer will only backup to the day it crashed.

Now the computer will stay on for about 3-5 without being in safe mode. In safe mode I stay on there for about 10-15 minutes with no problem until I restart the computer because I'm erasing files and changing settings back to factory settings.

The last thing I remember doing before I got the blue screen was erasing internet explorer because it was close down, then I went to Google chrome and downloaded a new one, soon after that the computer went to the blue screen. I will say that may not be the issue because I was getting that screen before this.

Something else I read was make sure you have adequate space on your drives and check for BIOS updates.

If there is any more info. I should provide please let me know and also let me know where to go to get that info. please help me.

Ask a Question