Bad_Pool_Header

Reaction score
Just installed Windows 7 upgrade from Vista. Getting blue screen for Bad_Pool_Header. Don't know what to do. Forum recommendation below says to update all system drivers especially chipset and SATA controllers. I am using Intel Core 2 Duo chip - can you point me in the right direction?

The first step in troubleshooting should be to update all of your system drivers, especially those used for your chipset and SATA controllers (as these are often the most frequent culprits). If you are unsure which chipset drivers you will need, please post your system specs on the forums and we can point you in the right direction. This page also has links to the common chipset manufacturers, all of which have Windows 7 drivers. You should also make sure that your system is fully updated with the latest service packs (via Windows Update).

Reaction score
Hey...See the sticky thread in the bsod section of the forum for how to post the crash dumps.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
If you did an update install over the top of Vista, you'll have nothing but problems and issues. Do a clean install, you can do it with an upgrade disc with no problems.

Wipe the hard drive of all existing partitions and reformat it too.

Reaction score
Nah, no need for that. That's old rhetoric for people that can't repair bsod issues if they happen.

We can fix the problems easily.

Uninstall Trend Micro Security in safe mode using the tool here;

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE.

This is where all the problems are and all crashes were caused by it, but we should update drivers too:

1) iaStor iaStor.sys Fri Sep 29 14:59:57 2006

Let Intel's website scan and install the latest Intel Matrix Storage driver:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=gg_support-EN_01+home_downloadctr

2) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete:

PxHelp20 PxHelp20.sys Wed Jun 20 18:26:00 2007

3) Update the Marvell Yukon network driver from motherboard manufacturer's site:

yk62x86 yk62x86.sys Mon Feb 23 09:44:18 2009

4) Update the wireless driver from manufacturer's site:

netw5v32 netw5v32.sys Thu Mar 26 12:10:37 2009

5) Update the card reader driver from manufacturer's site:

tifm21 tifm21.sys Thu Jul 06 14:23:30 2006

6) Uninstall Portrait Displays software to rid this old driver:

PdiPorts.sys

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You may be correct, I DO know that anytime an "upgrade" install is done over Vista that problems will occur, maybe not immediately but after a few days or so they pop up. There is too much evidence out on the web that supports this point.

Upgrade install over Vista = Problems, problems, problems.

Not everything is cured by getting rid of third-party AV programs and running MSE exclusively.

I have used ESET Smart Securtiy, G DATA Internet Security, BitDefender Internet Security all with no BSOD problems at all. Not all BSOD problems are caused by AV programs. I feel it is because a lot of users don't know how to do a proper install and don't install the drivers in the correct sequence.

Again I reiterate that not all BSOD problems are caused by third-party AV software or slightly out-of-date drivers.

Reaction score
Every single last one of his multiple crashes were caused by the antivirus.

Ask a Question