Bad way of cleaning

Reaction score
Today I was repairing a computer that apparantly died out of the blue when at closer look It was wet in the bottom and so I phone the fellow about it and he said that he read on the internet to clean the computer every 12 months.

so he sprayed normal house spray on it and used a tea towl to dry it. Not very well and dicided to turn it on to dry it out some more. and it just stoped. But later the motherbooard, Ram, CPU,power supply Everything needs to be replaced.

So it means a new computer build. what an idiot...:mad:

It's a common problem, it's the 10th one I had to do in 4 months.:(:(

Reaction score
Well I'am not alone.

Why do these people clean computers in that way????

Wouldn't they know after it's happen so many times??? Proberly Not by the sounds of things.

Well don't expect them to complain, it's their fult

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Some people just don't know that cleaning the inside of a computer is different to cleaning there TV screen .... none the less its an expensive lesson.

Reaction score
Oh no I wouldn't use damp cloths or sprays, I would use a can compressed air
for the inside puting a pen in each to stop them spinning the life out of them and breaking them with the force of the air

and use a damp cloth only for the screen and Exterior of the computer and keyboard and mice. Also I would do cables as well and sort the out but don't wipe the connectors as this blows up the socket if they still moist

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hmmm.... the power washer I've been using seems to work just fine.

It's fast too, by the time I'm done cleaning the computer, the cat is dry and fluffy from the microwave.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I went and bought a BIG microwave so I can put my whole computer into it and dry it quick :D :D :D

KIDDING!

Reaction score
that's what happened to customer, they put the windows 7 disk inthe microwave to dry it off, after rain came through the windows blew up and wanted a new disk.

Ask a Question