SOLVED babylon toolbar

Reaction score
Just ran SpyBot and it recorded 92 entries for the babylon toolbar! I DLed the translator, uninstalled it when I found it didn't support Native American languages, but now I'm stuck with babylon search. If I search for babylon, it comes up empty. Hoe do I get rid of this monster?

Reaction score
Try searching Bing or Google for "Search Everything". Download it and install it. Type in Babylon in the search box and delete whatever it finds.P.S. Search Everything is alot faster than Windows Search, so keep it. By long shot that doesn't find it then go to SysInternals and download Autoruns and see if that helps. Also boot into Safe Mode and do a scan with Malwarebytes free , Sybot and what ever antivirus you use. One of those should solve the issue. Also do the Safe Mode scans regardless. Alot of malware can't be fully removed in regular mode as more things are running in the background, namely malware.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but how do I boot in safe mode? I tried F10 and nothing jumped out at me and I saw nothing in the Control Panel indicating startup options.

Got a better look at the splash screen and thought I had it w/ F11 (system recovery), but no go. Tried F9 (diagnostics) as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Again, my apologies. I forget I have books for this. So, I'm in Safe Mode now and I ran Malabyte's (quick scan) and it again came up empty and the babylon logo still appears on my Google page.

Reaction score
Now, it's worse! Search Everything comes up empty. I have so much crap on this computer now trying to get things to work the way I want and gggrrrr......

I am so lost.

Reaction score
Googled sysinternals and executed autorun. No "babylon" entries that I can see. What do I do with this utility?

Damn, I feel so stupid on these machines. :eek:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Have you tried to do a System Restore prior to the point where you installed the software?

Have you tried running CCleaner's registry cleaner also?

Reaction score
How about going Start > Run > regedit >edit> find > babylon.
See what comes up.

Reaction score
Do Full Scans, not Quick Scans. Remove all malware each finds. Make sure to do the scans in Safe Mode, as malware can hide itself from detection during regular mode.
Again, my apologies. I forget I have books for this. So, I'm in Safe Mode now and I ran Malabyte's (quick scan) and it again came up empty and the babylon logo still appears on my Google page.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you removed the "Babylon" folder (Program Files or Program Files (x86))?
Otherwise, as far as I am aware, Baylon toolbar is a browser addon? Disable or, idf you can, remove it from your browsers.

Open regedit.
Go to HCku and HkLM and, under software in each case, delete any Babylon entry you see.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Try searching Bing or Google for "Search Everything". Download it and install it. Type in Babylon in the search box and delete whatever it finds.P.S. Search Everything is alot faster than Windows Search, so keep it. By long shot that doesn't find it then go to SysInternals and download Autoruns and see if that helps. Also boot into Safe Mode and do a scan with Malwarebytes free , Sybot and what ever antivirus you use. One of those should solve the issue. Also do the Safe Mode scans regardless. Alot of malware can't be fully removed in regular mode as more things are running in the background, namely malware.
Thanks, I like that search engine for your computer software components. It indexed everything in no more than 10 seconds, if even that long.

Cat

Reaction score
Cat. Search Everything definitely blows Windows Search out of the water. It's extremely fast, even with indexing turned off.

Ask a Question