axess tel cdma 1xEV-do modem problem

Reaction score
hello :D

i have problem with my modem i have forgot the username and password its default admin and admin but i cant log in with it.

there is no button to reset modem username and password
what should i do ?

i hope you wont delete my topic because i dont know were to post it :D

thanks for help

sorry for bad english

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
What is the name (model) of your modem?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Dave, in the thread topic it says "axesstel cdma 1xEV-do"

I found a manual HERE but no reference to resetting it.

In my experience they all have a reset that you press and hold for about 30 seconds, on some it is just a small pinhole and you have to push a paperclip in it for 30 seconds. Perhaps you can email/call the manufacturer?

Reaction score
In dave's defense, I had no idea what the thread title meant.

I didn't realize that was a model number either.:eek:

Sorry tolmulest for misreading the title.

Reaction score
i doesnt help i even opened my router there is no holes or pinholes i am confused btw ty for all who are helping :p

sorry for bade english :p

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I was merely offering the info and was already typing & researching while the OP posted his model w/ picture.

tolmulest, your English isn't too bad. We can understand you but I'm afraid you may need to contact the manufacturer if there is no reset.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
tolmulest, welcome to the forum!

On page 21 of the instructions, there shows an option to "Restore Factory Default Configuration". Click "Restore" and see what happens.

The Default login & password are both "admin".

It appears as though it's an older product, being that it says USB 1.1 "high speed" in the specs. Whether it works with Win 7 or not, I can't say. But you have nothing to lose by trying it out.

Hope it works.

Best of Luck,
Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Cat I believe he would already have have to logon (page 20) before he could get to the software reset; typically what is needed is a hardware reset.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I see what you mean. When I set up mine a few months ago, I had to do this myself. However, there's a small reset button that you mentioned on it to do the hardware reset with.

Fortunately, I've not had to use it.

Seems as though there would be one somewhere on the unit, even if it doesn't show in the manual. Or would entering the default login & password (admin) grant access to resetting it?

I believe there were some Netgear routers that were configured with master passwords in case of loss, or for servicing by ISP vendors.

Somehow, there has to be a way.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Without the current userid/password you cannot get past the login screen so once it was changed to something else the new one is the only way to access software settings because admin/admin no longer works.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I read the instructions again, and see what you mean. There's no pictures or diagrams of the unit with detailed info, so I don't know what else to suggest, except to look very carefully all over the router for the small reset switch.

Even my very first ISP supplied wireless router had one, it was at least 8 to 10 years old, and looked like it was pulled from the trash can before it was brought to me. But I do know it was made to work with Win 2K, and was XP compatible. No wonder I had so many problems with it.

But I've yet to see a router w/o a reset switch at all.

Cat

Ask a Question