SOLVED Auto Logon not working

Reaction score
I have unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password..." box in the User Accounts window: however, when I reboot, windows continues to prompt for my user name and password. This worked for me in XP, but unable to get it working for Win7.
Anyone else experience this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I have unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password..." box in the User Accounts window: however, when I reboot, windows continues to prompt for my user name and password. This worked for me in XP, but unable to get it working for Win7.
Anyone else experience this? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Open up the command prompt (make sure you do so as an adminstrator).
Type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes. You will see all the users account on the PC listed. First select the user account you want to boot up to. Then uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a password to log in". Click OK. It will prompt you for a password. If there is none, just click OK and reboot the system.

Curious to know, did you by chance perform an upgrade over XP or was this a clean installation?

Reaction score
This is a clean install of Win7.
I have tried as you suggested. I am still getting the same results of being prompted for the password on logon. This worked great for me with XP, but not working at all with Win7.

Reaction score
Okay, this finally worked for me. I guess it was the "run as admin" part that got me.
Thanks!

Ask a Question