SOLVED Audio Insanity

Reaction score
Hi guys, been a while!

WEIRD situation I have here, and i'll try my best to explain.

ok, so, here goes.

its an audio issue. normally all sounds go through speakers, as is default, and with that you can simply open up volume mixer and you can see everything thats currently outputting sound (like wmp, vlc, blah blah blah.) i also have a xonar dg sound card, so i can do a few little things with that to change levels and the like. all groovy.

playing games, also goes through that default thing, and again, i can open them up in the volume mixer and mute etc etc. NOW the issue here, is what im having with either ORIGIN( the fantastically terrible steam knockoff) or dead space 3/simcity. both of these games play sounds as per the norm, however, when i open volume mixer, i see nothing. this means i cant mute them or do...well, anything with the audio thats coming from these games. again, no issue with hearing it all, thats fine, its just finding them.

the issue i found, is because i steam games from time to time via xsplit to my twitch channel, and thats where i found that origin OR DS3/SC was "mute" because they werent under the same sound "group" as everything else.

I have 2 playback devices to choose from, default being the speakers (xonar dg) and the other is "digital output". nothing, absolutely nothing gets played through the digital output.

THANKS for anyone who can help me find my elusive game sounds! and hopefully put them back where they belong.

Reaction score
wow this place is dead now. shame.

well either way. the fix was found by going into the "playback devices" clicking the speakers > properties > advanced > unchecking and then REchecking the option "allow devices to take exclusive control.."

this made all programs go back into the default audio mixer. yay all round.

Ask a Question