SOLVED ASUS U6S Windows 7 support

Reaction score
Hi
Running the Microsoft Windows 7 advisor; it says that the laptop is OK for upgrade and I have to uninstall the ASUS Security Protect Manager (ASPM) prior to upgrade.
Looking for more information in the WWW, I found different opinions of people that did it and others said that it doesn't support.
Now I am confused whether to continue or not.
Does U6S support the Windows 7 upgrade?
If no, when will it support?
If yes, what is the proper replacement to the ASPM.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Yanki

Reaction score
Hi Yanki - Welcome to w7forums

Basically what the Upgrade Adviser is telling you is that the program's may cause problems during the upgrade. It would be best if the program was uninstalled before the upgrade. Once the upgrade has completed, the applications that have been removed can be re-installed.

I had a look at the notebook you mentioned. The ASUS U6S only has support for XP and Vista as you mentioned earlier. However Windows 7 will work with many of the applications designed for XP and Vista.

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer.
What is the meaning of "Not supporting Windows 7" where the application can run with Windows 7 ?
What part of the performance will not work as with Vista?
I read that the Camera can be up side down, the Finger print doesnwt work etc. Is it right?
Thanks
Yanki

Reaction score
It simply means it either works or it will not work. ASUS has not tested Windows 7 on that model notebook and may never test. If ASUS decides to support that notebook with Windows 7. Then they will upload the drivers and software updates that are needed to the download pages. Until then you will need to use the drivers for XP or Vista that is if they will work. And sometimes making them work will require making them work with a Compatibility Mode feature built in Windows 7.

Reaction score
Thanks again
So' your recommendation is to move forward and deal the problems via the compatiblity mode. Am I right?
Do you know whether the compatibility mode includes a replacement to ASUS Security Protect Manager, to activate the FingerPrint sensor. and adriver for the Camera assuming issues while upgrading?
Regards

Reaction score
I can't say for sure whether the "ASUS Security Protect Manager" will install or not. All I can suggest is that if it doesn't install normally then try installing "ASUS Security Protect Manager" with a XP or Vista compatibility mode.

Let me explain a little bit. I have this Flash drive that has U3 LaunchPad for managing small Application that you can take anywhere you go with the flash drive. Windows 7 didn't load the US application normally. What I had to do was tell Windows 7 to load the application using Vista Compatibility. It is not fully compatible with Windows 7 but I can tell it to run using a previous operating system compatibility mode. It seems to run OK like this.

Reaction score
Thanks again,
I installed the Windows 7 and overcome all issues.
My summary is as follows:
1. The fingerprint was solved by the following driver: http://www.asustreiber.de/.stuff/V2.0.0.39_Driver_V2.0.0.4_logo_Win7_32.zip
2. Some applications by compatibility mode as you recommended.
3. There was no need for ASUS Security Protect Manager.
4. Needed to activate images on "Smart log on".
5. HP IPAQ start sync with the Windows 7 drivers and no Mobile Device installation.

Best regards

Reaction score
I'm happy it worked out for you. :)
If you have further questions please feel free to ask.

I will flag this thread as solved.

Ask a Question