Are you getting bsod and crashes?

Reaction score
Then please go to C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip the contents and attach to a post using the paperclip while starting a new thread.

I can have a look and we can most likely fix your issue(s) this way.

Reaction score
Is there a way to know which minidump relates to which crash (do we just look at timestamps?).

I don't have a minidump folder on this PC, but I've not had a crash yet, is that wht? :)

Good to know we have people here that can do this sort of thing to help users.

Reaction score
I had a read of this article : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263 and I wondered if I needed to enable minidumps before it works. Is this what I need to do:

To configure startup and recovery options to use the small memory dump file, follow these steps.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
  1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click System.
  3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
  4. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).

To change the folder location for the small memory dump files, type a new path in the Dump File box (or in the Small dump directory box, depending on your version of Windows).

Reaction score
By default, Windows is configured to create a minidump as opposed to full kernel dumps upon a crash (bsod). This is good.

If you don't have the minidump folder, that's also a good thing and you've never had any critical stop errors.

So the only thing left to do is to enjoy Windows 7. :)

Ask a Question