AOL Mail not working properly w/IE9 RC

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I was checking out my various email accounts a few minutes ago, and although AOL Mail would allow me to sign in, and even let me see how many emails that I had, I couldn't read them. I clicked onto my inbox, spam, trash, and nothing happened.

Then I signed out, redone everything, the same. For the time being, I installed Opera to use on sites where I have trouble, trying to avoid FF to bail me out. What I did try was to set my privacy & location hiding options back to default, it didn't help.

Is anyone else besides me having this issue with particular sites? Perhaps a list of them would be helpful.

I do realize that IE9 is a RC, and don't expect perfection at this time. On another note, this afternoon, when my wife was on my desktop, I used the latest FF beta (on my notebook), and I was trying to help her find something on one of her favorite sites (Coldwater Creek), and when I clicked onto that link, a weird box appeared with some codes appeared, then asked what did I want to open this link with. IE & Opera was on that list.

What a coincidence.

So neither is perfect at this point.

Cat

Reaction score
Catilley~

Ive only noticed a 2 sites that I frequent on a daily basis that don't really work properly.
  • My car insurance site(Geico): After logging in and trying to navigate through the site I couldn't click through the links to any other area of the site.
  • My my online schooling site ( University of Phoenix) : After logging in i could navigate around the site with no problem BUT when trying to do responses to discussion questions the "reply box" didn't show up to be able to type in.
In order to solve this problem all I did was click on the "compatibility view" (as long as is available) at the end of the address bar. IE reloaded the page, for one site(insurance) I had to log back in , and I was able to navigate and do what I would normally do.

Obviously thats not 100% ideal, but it does the job.

Other wise all the other sites that I go to daily, which are quite numerous, don't seem to be troublesome with IE9.

~LoneWolf

Ask a Question