Anybody with AOL getting that rivet gun pounding for 1 minute

Reaction score
When I'm on AOL I"ll getting a pounding sound that will shut off when I log off AOL or if I leave it will stop after about one minute. Any ideas what it could be. Does this on win7 ultimate and win7 home premium?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
When I'm on AOL I"ll getting a pounding sound that will shut off when I log off AOL or if I leave it will stop after about one minute. Any ideas what it could be. Does this on win7 ultimate and win7 home premium?
I have it on 32bit Home Premium for my wife. Over the months it got very slow and corrupted. I recently reinstalled the latest version (same one I had) and it runs very well now. (I still hate it though) :D.

If you do uninstall it, use their tool to do it. It's in Programs and Features in the control panel.

Reaction score
I like AOL its just that pounding sound that comes up every once in a while. It happens with either version. Probably because its from AOL that I put up with it.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I hear you.

A real solution is to uninstall AOL as I described above. Say yes when it asks to save your account settings and PFC. Download the latest version from here http://daol.aol.com/software/95
and go through the reinstall process. When you sign back in, all your favorites etc will be intact. If the problems reoccur, then I would try to contact AOL for support if you haven't done that already.

Good luck!

Ask a Question