Any SSD Users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi James and other users,

We have many users running the PerfectDisk 10 disk defragger on their SSD drives. Similarly, if anyone would like to test PerfectDisk 10 Professional or Home Edition, please let me know. SSD support is built into the PerfectDisk product, a separate add-on component is not required. A little more background on PerfectDisk and Windows 7 is here: http://blog.perfectdisk.com/?p=429.

Thanks,
Joe Abusamra
Vice President of Operations
Raxco Software, Inc.
www.perfectdisk.com
www.perfectdiskblog.com

Reaction score
More like Vice President of Thread Hijacking.

James,

My apologies, I honestly did not mean to "hijack" the thread. I thought is was of mutual interest to your Windows 7 and SSD users.

I am very sorry, please accept my apologies.

Joe

Reaction score
More like Vice President of Thread Hijacking.
I am waiting for the 6core proc form intel to be realesed then I will be using a ssd drive for main os, games on a sata2 and ide hot swaps to store backups and stuffs.... secreat stuffs..........:pcguru:

Reaction score
I am infinitely curious as to how Raxco offers any sort of defragging or optimization software for SSDs when shuffling any data on an SSD constitutes wasted writes, and plays a hand in early drive death.

Reaction score
I am infinitely curious as to how Raxco offers any sort of defragging or optimization software for SSDs when shuffling any data on an SSD constitutes wasted writes, and plays a hand in early drive death.
It has to do with PerfectDisk's free space consolidation, Please contact me directly if you would like more details; I have bowed out of this "discussion" per request.

Thanks,
Joe

Reaction score
Hey James, Dont let one spammer ruin it for the rest of us. I dont really want to call him a spammer. Even though he was on topic its clear he was only interested in selling his product. If I was using SSD's I would have tried out your product and responded to your request. You should still allow others to try it out. Who knows it may come in handy for someone.

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Thanks Clifford. If anyone is interested, they can contact me by PM or email (see my profile or website for info).

Reaction score
Through the years, as the 2 major disk defragmentation providers, Diskeeper and PerfectDisk have participated in and engaged in many forum discussions, usually good, healthy debate. Typically, either of the vendors has been mentioned first in a discussion, and the other joins in. It is in that spirit, and this being 2009, where open and free discussion typically are the norm, that I came across and entered the discussion. In all the numerous legitimate forums and "debates" Diskeeper and PerfectDisk have participated in over the years, I have never been called a spammer or only in it to sell my product.

As that was obviously not the perception here, for whatever reason, I extend my apology beyond James to the rest of you. Good luck to you all with Windows 7 and growing on your knowledge.

Sincerely,
Joe

Reaction score
It has to do with PerfectDisk's free space consolidation, Please contact me directly if you would like more details; I have bowed out of this "discussion" per request.

Thanks,
Joe
Please stop trolling..... Hijacking is uncool I am not shure you need to promote your product or stuff

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Through the years, as the 2 major disk defragmentation providers, Diskeeper and PerfectDisk have participated in and engaged in many forum discussions, usually good, healthy debate. Typically, either of the vendors has been mentioned first in a discussion, and the other joins in. It is in that spirit, and this being 2009, where open and free discussion typically are the norm, that I came across and entered the discussion. In all the numerous legitimate forums and "debates" Diskeeper and PerfectDisk have participated in over the years, I have never been called a spammer or only in it to sell my product.

As that was obviously not the perception here, for whatever reason, I extend my apology beyond James to the rest of you. Good luck to you all with Windows 7 and growing on your knowledge.

Sincerely,
Joe
Good riddance. I simply posted a request (or offer) that I had received personally from Diskeeper. It was not open to debate since I did not ask "which defrag software is best". If I had, then you are most welcome to post in the thread.
In essence you did hijack the thread by repeating my offer, but for PerfectDisk. If you had started a new thread with your offer, that would have been OK too. But since this was your first post here, it comes across as opportunism, trolling and hijacking all in one neat package.
Makes me glad I stopped using and promoting PD years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question