SOLVED Any one knows how to add borders to the right click menu

Reaction score
Does any one knows how to add borders to Windows 7 right click menu.//!

Last edited by a moderator:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi nighthunder and welcome :)

Within some WindowsBlinds applications / themes (padding I think its called) can be changed, but most WindowsBlindes are retail now, but you could view some (they also have some nice freeware) >

http://www.wincustomize.com/

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What do you mean borders - something more fancy than the box and the shading? Or are you saying you don't even see that? Because the shading is a registry setting.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
The shading can be reinserted (if you have disabled it?) through the Control Panel (icon view) - System - Advanced system settings (over on the left)
Click the "Advanced" tab and select "performance" - "Settings"
You will see the item "Show shadows under windows"

Reaction score
What do you mean borders - something more fancy than the box and the shading? Or are you saying you don't even see that? Because the shading is a registry setting.
If I right click on the Program Icons that I have Pinned to the Taskbar, the menu that pops up is nicely framed. When I right click on the Desktop, Folders or anything else the menu is plain (no frame).
I was wondering if it was possible to add Frames to all of Windows 7 right click menu.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Try doing what Davehc said above and when you get there choose "adjust for best appearance". Save the changes then logout & back in and then come back and let use know if it was corrected.

If it is not corrected please capture the screen shot and attach it with your message so we can see it w/o the edges.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I think you would need a Theme / Customisation to give the right click pop up a frame something like the jump list as the jump list is not a standard menu.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Oh the "pinned to taskbar" menus are running inside an Aero window - technically it is an Aero window you like, not the menus actual border. Shading is the only thing I know you could add to the actual menus, but it won't look like that; most menus are not displayed in a separate window, sorry, that's just a taskbar design feature.

Reaction score
I think you would need a Theme / Customisation to give the right click pop up a frame something like the jump list as the jump list is not a standard menu.
I have seen some Theme Customization on http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=windows+7+themes
Some of these themes do have all of the right click menu's in Windows 7 Framed.
Now to get these custom themes to work properly on Windows 7, you have to change a part of the Core Component of the Areo Theme Structure with an update supplied with the Theme. (This is a basic "Hack" and is not for the faint of Heart)
I was thinking there was an easier way to do it.
Thanks nighthunder.//

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I have seen some Theme Customization on http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=windows+7+themes
Some of these themes do have all of the right click menu's in Windows 7 Framed.
Now to get these custom themes to work properly on Windows 7, you have to change a part of the Core Component of the Areo Theme Structure with an update supplied with the Theme. (This is a basic "Hack" and is not for the faint of Heart)
I was thinking there was an easier way to do it.
Thanks nighthunder.//
I would suggest if you intend using a Theme / Customisation that it would be a good idea to make a full backup of your OS with a utility that incorporates a rescue boot disk ... just to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
I would suggest if you intend using a Theme / Customisation that it would be a good idea to make a full backup of your OS with a utility that incorporates a rescue boot disk ... just to be on the safe side.
Very good advice, but for whats its worth, I dont think I will be Venturing out 'on thin ice' its not wort the risk.
nighthunder.//

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Reaction score
Sorry I did not save any of the Links where I saw them. I use dialup for internet access and its was a pain for me browsing through the themes there. I understand your 'plight' you just have to keep searching.
Some Authors of Windows 7 Custom Themes who promote their creations at Deviantart also promote them at http://www.virtualcustoms.net/
You will have to regester to access the site. (its free)
There is a lot of Windows 7 Custom Themes there.

Ask a Question