Another Firefox Update - 3.6.7

Reaction score
Hello Clifford, Yes..I did miss that. I can delete this thread if you would like.

Reaction score
Running it now, it auto updated when loaded FF today.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It's running good for me, I'm switching between using it and the 4.0 Beta 1. I'm trying to use the beta more, but getting used to a new interface can take a while at first. Hopefully, the update that's coming Friday will allow for some more add ons.

Reaction score
It's running good for me, I'm switching between using it and the 4.0 Beta 1. I'm trying to use the beta more, but getting used to a new interface can take a while at first. Hopefully, the update that's coming Friday will allow for some more add ons.
Hello cat, I looked at the screenshots for 4.0 Beta and I'm very unimpressed with the new layout. Plus, what's up with the ugly orange tab? Reminds me of Google Chrome in some ways, which IMHO is intrusive by coding design and definitely not for me. I am going to keep using FF 3.6.7 until it gets phased out and I'm forced to upgrade. Then, I may have to take a deep breath and get used to using Opera again - a sad prospect indeed.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It does remind me of Chrome a little, too. That's what deep down concerns me, also. I've removed Google off the list of search engines, and added Bing & ixquick (Bing being the default). If they become a Chrome copycat, then I'll also switch to Opera, I've used it before, and I use their free email program (Opera Web Mail). I hope it doesn't come to that, but if I see that it does, I'm with you, Opera will have two new users. I have no problem with switching browsers, I've done it before, and can do it again.

Personally, I don't like the new design at all. 3.6.9 (if they have that one) may be the end of the road for me and Firefox. I do hope that they wake up and see they're doing, before it's too late.

Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Man, was that quick or what? 3.6.7, I thought we just got a few days ago. What are they going to do, force all to use the beta?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What are they going to do, force all to use the beta?
That statement is a little disingenuous since the latest is not a "Beta" version. In addition they don't force anyone to do anything regarding beta releases, on the full release versions.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
IMHO What is ingenious, though, is that everytime Mozilla launch a new version, it is downloaded by thousands and pops up statistically. This puts Firefox , by default, at the top of the polls.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That statement is a little disingenuous since the latest is not a "Beta" version. In addition they don't force anyone to do anything regarding beta releases, on the full release versions.
I was talking about the fast releases. If they keep going this fast, they'll soon run out of numbers to use. We'll be at 4.0. It was a joke!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You're such a comic... I swear! LOL!

You got me CAT! Okay, I'll return the 10lbs of pulled pork barbecue now... sniff!

Ask a Question