AMD PHENOM II X6 2.8GHz 60+°C

Reaction score
i Have a bIg problem of temprature here, guyz can u pls. help me out.

All of the Components of my system are always hot &temprature goes upto 60°C
i DOnt know what to do, it affects adversly on performence.
Due to which my PC is very slow.

i Have :-
AMD PHENOM II X6 2.8GHz
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD 880-GM-UD2H
4GB DDR3 KINGSTON DUAL-CHANNEL RAM
500GB WDC HDD
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BiT.

Due to this temp, it is not even getting to its half the potential & just fcukin crazy slow.

i Have one BiG 120mm fan {there is only 1fan space}, a good Heat Sink which comes with the processor & one side of my CPU is alwayz open to pass some amount of air

So pls. guyz tell me what else is there

Reaction score
In my experience, the stock coolers that come with the Phenom II CPUs sucks goat balls. I was experiencing unusually high temperatures myself even on idle (at least with my 965BE). This opted me to purchase and install an aftermarket CPU cooler and everything was fantastic after that.

If you're really worried about your CPU temperatures and you're gonna be doing a lot of gaming and/or video and graphics rendering (which I think you will considering you have a high-end CPU), I suggest considering an aftermarket CPU cooler. It's worth it.

Reaction score
In my experience, the stock coolers that come with the Phenom II CPUs sucks goat balls. I was experiencing unusually high temperatures myself even on idle (at least with my 965BE). This opted me to purchase and install an aftermarket CPU cooler and everything was fantastic after that.

If you're really worried about your CPU temperatures and you're gonna be doing a lot of gaming and/or video and graphics rendering (which I think you will considering you have a high-end CPU), I suggest considering an aftermarket CPU cooler. It's worth it.
Hey can u tell me a good CPU coller ???
&
a software to monitor the tempratures of my PC

i Have a TAG cabinet which has only 1 fan, i m thinkin of buyin another
but which is good outta this 2, as my budget is limited :
CM ELITE 400 oR ANTEC 300

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the Coolermaster V8 and I the temps never went past 36-37 degrees C during past summer (considering that I live in a tropical country). There are a lot of other good CPU coolers out there such as the Coolermaster V6GT and the Thermaltake Frio. I use HWMonitor to monitor my temps.

I can personally vouch for the Antec Three Hundred as I am currently using one myself. Great airflow and the dust filter definitely helps keeping your PC almost completely dust free. Not sure about the CM Elite 400.

You can google any of the above mentioned items for reviews and such and decide which one is the best for you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
As with any aftermarket cooler you need to make sure your case can handle the size and also don't forget a good quality thermal paste.

Ask a Question