After Clean Install: Major Boot Errors...

Reaction score
I recently purchased a brand new Sony Vaio E series laptop (VPCEB1S1E/BJ) which came with an Italian language Win7 Home Premium. As I don't understand Italian, I had to do a clean install with Win7 Ultimate, so I could change the language. After this I noticed the laptop became very very slow, so I reverted the install by using the Recovery Discs that came with the Vaio, and this was supposed to reset everything to way it was before I made any changes. However, after the recovery, I noticed that the booting had become slower, my laptop slower and there's a lot of boot errors in the event viewer. Some are general ID 100 ones, some have to do with drivers, some with my cd-rom etc...

Am I supposed to do yet another recovery, and hope the laptop will go back to normal or is there a way to fix this? Win7 recovery disc didn't find any errors in the booting, altho, after selecting "restart" from the recovery program I received no errors at all during that boot.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Go to the Sony website and download all the latest drivers for your model laptop.

Store them on a thumb drive or external hard drive or a CD-RW disk.

Do another clean install and completely re-format the hard drive to wipe it clean. Then install as normal.

Install the chipset driver first, followed by the graphics driver, network drivers, etc.

Reaction score
Hmmm, well it didn't help. I formated, did a clean install, installed the drivers in the order u recommended but the laptop is still slow. The HDD seems to be doing something all the time and CPU usage goes jumps from 1-25% very quickly. All the drivers are installed and I've not received any errors now...

Reaction score
I have a HP notebook DV6-1355DX and my boot take 3 minutes, I've done alot of researching, and can't quite figure out what is wrong: Error: Event ID 100. ANY help on this error log would be appreciated. The error shows up in Event Viewer every time I reboot or restart (in Event Viewer; Control Panel, Performance Information and Tools, Advanced Tools, View Performance Details in Event Log).

What can i do ?

Ask a Question