Active Directory for Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Have anyone been able to run AD management on Win 7? After installing the msi, I open the AD management console and I get an error on the right side that reads "Unable to create a snap in" Any ideas everyone out there?

Reaction score
Thanks Ian, I am able to install it but can't add the additional features from control panel it gives me an error saying it can't install the additional software and prompt me to re-boot. Thanks a lot for the reasearch. For sure that't it. I guess that's why is a beta version. Bugs are expected.

chivazo

Reaction score
MSI install

I found another article in regards to the installation you refered me to Ian. However, the article says that the software will not work on windows 7 yet. It was made for server 2008R2. I guest for now we have to wait and see if something comes up to be able to run AD on W7.

chivazo

Reaction score
Fix on Rc1 7057. You need to install. rsatwin7 patch KB958830-x86

Reaction score
Thanks Ian, I am able to install it but can't add the additional features from control panel it gives me an error saying it can't install the additional software and prompt me to re-boot. Thanks a lot for the reasearch. For sure that't it. I guess that's why is a beta version. Bugs are expected.

chivazo
I have this installed as well but for some reason i have all the tools but AD users and Computers

Reaction score
Help!? I have installed the proper program, but cannot seem to complete it in the Control Panel(CP). I have printed instructions to setup & complete the Remote Server Administration Tools(RSAT), but there's nothing of that when I try to turn Windows Features off and on.:dontknow:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have closed this thread, as it is 3 years old. I see walkerpbus also started a new thread HERE, so if you can help please reply to them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question